Programs & Services
Our programs and services embody the mission of the Institute for School Partnership: connecting Washington University in St. Louis with local schools, inspiring teachers with professional development, and empowering teachers and students with the resources they need.
Connecting Schools With WUSTL
K-12 Connections brings WUSTL faculty, students and staff concerned about urban education together with St. Louis schools, coordinating contributions of time and expertise with stated school needs.
Teachers are inspired with cutting-edge knowledge by participating in WUSTL professional development programs and customized services through the Institute for School Partnership.
Empowering Teachers And Students
Teachers and students are empowered with research-proven lessons, supplies and programs. ISP partners with school districts, customizing to a district’s individual needs services for managing instructional supplies and providing professional development opportunities for teachers.
Programs for Teachers
- MySci is dedicated to helping elementary school teachers instill a love of science in students.
- The Boeing Science Teacher Leadership Institute is an educator-designed graduate certificate program for teachers of grades four through eight.
- The Master of Science in Biology for Science Teachers Program empowers working teachers to earn a master’s degree in biology in two years.
- Hot Topics Workshops are one-day professional development workshops empowering science teachers to inspire middle and high school students.
- ISP Teacher Fellows actively support teachers in leadership efforts and professional growth while they continue their careers in the classroom.
- The STEM Teacher Quality Initiative is a St. Louis regional effort to develop exemplary K-12 teachers who are empowered to provide quality learning in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) content.
Programs for Students
- SIFT and TERF, the Shaw Institute for Field Training and the Tyson Environmental Research Fellowship, are partnered programs engaging St. Louis-area high school students in authentic field research.
- The Summer Scholars Program in Biology and Biomedical Research (SSBBR) gives admitted WUSTL pre-freshmen the opportunity to engage in lab-based scientific research before beginning school.