Instructors: Heather Frey and Liz Petersen.
The world is full of different types of energy. This workshop for teachers of grades 4-8, deals with how those types transform within a given system. Explore energy transformations through the use of common household items and toys. Participants will assemble and demonstrate the use of a solar hot water heater and apply the content learned to design a solar oven.
- Explore the 7 forms of energy with a card sorting game.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the 7 forms of energy using toys and household items.
- Apply the processes learned to design and make a rubber band toy.
- Demonstrate solar energy and heat transfer using Radiation Cans.
- Explore technologies that use solar energy for everyday applications, like heating water and food.
Workshop includes continental breakfast. All workshop participants are eligible to check out a FREE kit of materials, in order to repeat the lessons in their own classroom.