Science and Conservation Open House
Join Missouri Botanical Garden botanists for an open house at the Monsanto Center, including the library and herbarium.
- Meet the scientists. Discover what they do, how they do it, and why they do it.
- See displays highlighting exploration, collecting, studying plants in the field and research results.
- Visit one of the largest herbarium collections in the world, with specimens gathered from around the globe and dating back to the 1700s.
- View rare, classical, and illustrated botanical texts, some over 400 years old and still used today.
- Learn how the Garden works to conserve plants both locally and around the world.
Connect with the Garden’s Sustainability Experts!
EarthWays Center – the Garden Sustainability Division – Open House
Commerce Bank Center for Science Education
- Meet the EarthWays team and learn about the 20+ programs they coordinate in the community.
- Get help with building energy efficiency; waste reduction ideas; options for rainscaping and using native plants.
- Acquire details on environmental education classes and programs for students and adults.
- Hear about the Green Business Challenge and how it helps organizations adopt sustainable practices.
- Check out offerings from the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter.
- Learn how the Garden works to educate and connect people to practical sustainable choices where they live, learn, work and play.
Free for Garden Members
Free for General Public
The two locations are across the street from each other, just a couple of blocks west of the main Garden entrance. You can park at the Garden or at either of the two sites then walk to both places.
For additional details click HERE.