The Green Thread: Lessons in Sustainability
Join us for the 8th annual Sustainability Institute for Educators as we focus the conversation on threading sustainability education through all lessons. The Institute will feature a mix of special guest speakers, tools and resources, and hands-on experiences. We will focus on exploring the connections between sustainability and curriculum, uncovering the interdisciplinary nature of sustainability education, and providing resources, tools, and insight into how we as educators can help support students that are sustainability literate, active stewards of the planet.
$150 registration fee includes speaker fees, breakfast and lunch for all three days. Graduate credit is available! Hosted at Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School, St. Louis, MO
- Understand and face the challenges of community issues as part of the school culture
- Recognize local resources that can support curriculum and changes for sustainability
- Collaborate with others to empower young citizens
- Create a community of advocates for sustainable schools and communities
- Setting a foundation for whole school sustainability
Jen Cirillo, Director of Professional Development | Shelburne Farms
Lacy Cagle, Director of Learning, Northwest Earth Institute
Bob Coulter, Director, Litzsinger Road Ecology Center
Tor register, and for conference details click HERE.