(Last updated: June 16, 2020)
- PBL 101: An Introduction to PBL
This 3-day online workshop is the best way to begin your Buck Institute Project Based Learning journey.
ISP Created Lessons & Resources
- COVID-19 Module
- Science in St. Louis Unit
- Video: ISP Advice on Supporting Science Learning at Home
- STEM Challenges: Fun, interactive STEM activities using household items.
- Everyday mySci: Indoor and outdoor activities for adults and children.
Remote Learning Resources
- Learning Lodge: Free online tutoring service founded by WashU students helps elementary and middle school students
- Learn.Genetics: (For high school students) FREE genetics learning resources
- Teach.Genetics: (For educators) FREE hands-on activities & teacher materials
- Teach.Genetics: (For elementary educators) Genetics materials in Spanish – Introduction to Heredity & Traits
- Learn.Genetics: (For students) Three math videos that are about genetics
- Educate.Today: Free Standards-Aligned Resources for Grades 3-12 (Videos & Lesson Plans)
- 100Kin10: Resources & Tactics for Students, Teachers, Organizations and Families
- Zoom with Saint Louis Zoo Educators
- Google Play Adds Kids Tab Full of Teacher-Approved Apps
- Slate: Best Practices for Teaching on Zoom
- Can Teachers Read Books Out Loud Online? Actually, Yes
- New York Times: Student-Centered Resources
- Guidance for Supporting Science Learning During COVID-19
- So You Want to Make a Great Instructional Video (Research & Best Practices)
- Educational Apps That Don’t Need Wi-Fi or Data
- Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Google Classroom
- Free Daily Schedules & More for Kids
- Video: Next Time You See Series: Read aloud by author Emily Morgan & astronaut Mark T. Vande Hei
Online Activities for Students
- DreamBox: K-8 math program offering parents a 90 day free trial. Sign up by April 30, 2020.
- Is This Prime?: Simple, Interactive game for elementary school age children to learn/review prime numbers.
- Exploratorium – Learning Toolbox: Timely topics and general science support for virtual learning.
- Bedtime Math: Engaging math activities for kids 2 and up. Available in English and Spanish.
- Newsela: Relevant, subject-specific articles tailed to be grade-appropriate and can be viewed in Spanish.
- PhET Simulations: K-12 STEM simulations that make math and science ideas tangible and testable.
- PBS LearningMedia | PBS KIDS: Games, videos, virtual field trips and science investigations.
- Code Break : Weekly challenges to engage students of all abilities, even those without computers. Join every Wednesday for live, interactive CS lessons.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids thinking, reading and growing. From PreK-9th grade.
- STEMSTL Ecosystem: Online education STEM-related resources to ensure continued learning.
Hands-On Activities for Adults & Students
- COVID-19 Time Capsule Workbook: Free PDF downloads in multiple languages. Google Drive.
- Curiosity Labs at Home: Fun and easy science experiments done with household items.
- Notice and Wonder Walks: Learn about the world around you.
- K-12 NGSS Phenomena Activities: Downloadable resources to support at home or virtual science learning.
- Encourage Problem-Solving with 3 Act Math Tasks: Roundup of math tasks and ideas.