Equal access to high quality education starts with teachers. In order to provide opportunities to students across all backgrounds, we must first equip and empower educators. The Institute for School Partnership provides a range of instructional supports and professional development opportunities specifically designed to meet the most pressing needs of teachers.
K-12 Connections connects WashU students, staff and faculty members with volunteer opportunities in school districts in the St. Louis area. Also through K-12 Connections, local teachers can make requests, and the university can match up the people and resources to get the job done. K-12 Connections.
FURTHER YOUR EDUCATION:
- This hybrid master’s degree program is designed specifically with teachers in mind. Over two years, teachers from across the country can collaborate online in this cohort-style program, as well as work side-by-side with each other and world-renown WashU faculty during a three-week summer intensive. MS in Biology for Educators
- Exemplary performance from every student begins with exemplary preparation for every teacher. The STEMpact Teacher Quality Institute is a comprehensive professional development program focused on “stemitizing” curriculum. The year-long program helps teachers increase their STEM knowledge, learn how to implement an integrated STEM curriculum and enable STEM capable learners. STEM Teacher Quality Institute (STEM TQ)
- The ISP works with faculty and local teacher leaders to offer free professional development workshops for science teachers in emerging areas of research. Materials are available for hands-on investigations. Hot Topics Workshops
Our lessons and investigations are designed to bring the excitement of hands-on learning to the K-12 classroom. Teams of master teachers and Washington University researchers develop, troubleshoot and field test each unit.
STEM materials and Equipment LEnding Service:
The ISP supplies teachers with classroom-ready science materials and equipment. Check out our lending materials and borrow some free STEM resources for your classroom. STEM Lending Services
The teaching of evolution typically lacks tools and resources. Recognizing this challenge, the ISP offers a variety of efforts to motivate teachers to increase their coverage of evolution. Evolution Education
climate change Education:
If you’re interested in environmental and energy issues, and looking for thoughtful conversation, you should join the Blue Skies Discussion group. Sponsored by the ISP, the group is made up of K-12 science educators. Climate Change Education
- Builds capacity of educators to transform their organization with new approaches to leadership and deeper learning experiences. Transformational Leadership Initiative
- Chosen leadership personnel work with STEMpact facilitators to develop centralized plan for exemplary STEM instruction. STEMpact Immersion
- Educator workshop series designed to reinforce STEM mindset and classroom practices. STEMpact Leadership Series