Through the Broader Impact program, the Institute for School Partnership provides campus-wide support for faculty to develop outreach opportunities with St. Louis area K-12 schools and have a meaningful impact not only on campus but beyond. ISP personnel work with faculty to help identify the best engagement for them and turn their passion into action.
An average of 60 faculty members participate in ISP partnership activities each year as part of their research, service and broader impact activities. A lecture. A workshop. One hour. A whole semester. No matter your time commitment you can make a difference. There are many ways to get involved.Read Broader Impact Brochure
There are many ways for WashU faculty to share their passion with the St. Louis K-12 community:
- Host a teacher in your lab for the summer
- Host a student group on campus
- Lead a Hot Topics workshop in your field
- Teach a semester long course
- Provide expertise in curriculum development
- Lead a book club or book discussion
- Be a guest speaker at a teacher workshop
- Offer a summer research experience for a high school student
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-935-6846.