- Gather your animals together.
- Line them up from smallest to largest.
- Make groups of animals, by kind or number of limbs.
- Pick one animal and find the eyes, ears, nose and mouth on it.
- Compare those features to different toy animals.
Safety Tip: Watch out for loose parts on toys that could be pulled off or choked on.
Questions to Ask:
- Pick one animal to focus on. Ask the child what they know about that type of animal.
- Where do you think it might live? (Farm, jungle, forest, ocean.)
- What do you think it eats? (Plants or other animals. If it is a pet, dog or cat food.)
- Does it need water to drink? (All organisms need water to live.)