How does standing up in your seat and raising your arms turn into a stadium wave?
- The next time you are at the ballpark take notice of a few things about the stadium wave.
- You can try this with your hand. Lift one finger up at a time and put it down before you lift the next finger.
- Notice how the motion is an up and down one.
- When the stadium wave comes to you, stand up and raise your arms.
- Notice how it looks like a wave when it goes around the stadium.
Questions to Ask:
- Are people waving their arms or just lifting them up and down? (The up and down motion makes the wave.)
- What happens if you stand up before the wave gets to you? (It won’t look like a wave.)
- What has to happen for the stadium wave to be successful? (Repeated motion of people standing up and sitting down has to happen.)