Skip to content
Skip to search
Skip to footer
- The next time you are at the ballpark, notice if you are sitting in the shade at the beginning of the game.
- As the game goes on, notice which inning the batter is in the shade.
- Pick a part of the stadium, like the scoreboard, and see what inning or what time it gets in the shade.
- Note what inning your seat becomes in the shade.
Questions to Ask:
- Which direction does the sun rise in the morning and set in the evening? (East in the morning and west in the evening.)
- Did you know most baseball stadiums put home plate or 3rd base in the west? That means the sun won’t be in the batter’s eyes. Why do you think that is important? (So the batter can see the ball).