(Last updated: June 16, 2020)
Remote Learning Resources
- Learning Lodge: Founded by WashU students, free virtual tutoring for elementary and middle school students
- Varsity Tutors: Free interactive, live online classes for students in K-12
- Zoom with Saint Louis Zoo Educators
- Educational Apps That Don’t Need Wi-Fi or Data
- Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Google Classroom
- Video: ISP Instructional Specialist Shares Advice on Supporting Science Learning at Home
- Guidance for Supporting Science Learning During COVID-19
- Free Daily Schedules & More for Kids
Online Activities for Children
- DreamBox: K-8 math program offering parents a 90 day free trial. Sign up by April 30, 2020.
- Is This Prime?: Simple, Interactive game for elementary school age children to learn/review prime numbers.
- Exploratorium – Learning Toolbox: Timely topics and general science support for virtual learning.
- Bedtime Math: Engaging math activities for kids 2 and up. Available in English and Spanish.
- PBS Learning Media | PBS KIDS: Games, videos, virtual field trips and science investigations.
- Code Break: Join every Wednesday for live, interactive CS lessons with Code.org founder and special celeb guests.
- Common Sense Media: Free educational apps, games and websites.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keeps kids thinking, reading & growing. From PreK to 9th grade.
- Next Time You See Series: Next Time You See books read by author Emily Morgan and astronaut Mark T. Vande Hei.
Hands-On Activities for Adults & Children
- COVID-19 Time Capsule Workbook: Free PDF downloads in multiple languages. Google Drive.
- STEM Challenges: Created by the ISP and The Little Bit Foundation. Fun, interactive STEM activities using household items.
- Everyday mySci: Created by the ISP. Indoor and outdoor activities for adults and children.
- Curiosity Labs at Home: Fun and easy science experiments done with household items.
- Germ Zappers Coloring Book: Download & print PDF. Resource for children to learn about viruses and the body’s immune system.
- Learning in Places: Family science learning, targeting K-3rd grade. “Field based” science education in outdoor places.
- Notice and Wonder Walks: Learn about the world around you.
- K-12 NGSS Phenomena Activities: Downloadable resources to support at home or virtual science learning.
- Encourage Problem-Solving with 3 Act Math Tasks: Roundup of math tasks and ideas.
Virtual Summer Camps
- St. Louis Magazine: 8 virtual summer camps that will keeps engaged and learning
- Varsity Tutors: All for free/fully interactive/week-long sessions.